Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nerf? Maybe not so much.

  • Righteous Fury: The bonus threat from Holy spells caused by this talent has been reduced from 90% to 80%.

This is a concern (obviously).  Maybe paladins a currently a little overpowered in the threat department.  But 10%?  

  • Judgements of the Just: The reduction in cooldown to Hammer of Justice provided by this talent has been reduced to 5/10 seconds instead of 10/20 seconds. 

This is an obvious PvP nerf.  While is makes Hammer of Justice a little less useful, I have to admit that (currently) almost everytime I want to use it, it's up.  Chances are that this won't bother me too much when live.  We were never interrupt tanks anyway.

  • Touched by the Light: This talent now provides 20/40/60% of the paladin’s strength as spell power instead of 10/20/30% of the paladin’s stamina.

This is the "Proly" fix.  What's sort of ironic about this is how the math works based on my current gear.  In my "general tanking" set, I have 2587 stamina and 1376 strength.  The current Touched by the Light (TbtL) gives me 776.1 spellpower.  After 3.2.2, I'll have 825.6 spellpower.  From what I've been reading on Maintankadin, most paladins will be losing spellpower (and thus threat).  Fortunately, I'm not one of those.  Will it be enough to make up the 10% lost on Righteous Fury?  I am by no means Theck, but I don't think it will.

  • Seal of Command: This ability now chains to strike up to 2 additional targets when it is triggered by an attack.

I expect this to get nerfed.  Used while tanking, you would be hitting up to 9 (12 if glyphed) mobs with Hammer of the Righteous.  Hellloooooo Thorim arena tanking!  The same applies to Ret's melee attacks, and I just don't see that kind of AoE damage sticking around for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment