Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Oops, I'm supposed to be writing here....

Blog Noob

OK, so I'm new to this whole blogging thing and I need to learn to be more disciplined about it.  I'll get there.  'Nuff said.

Instance Limit Rant

With the advent of the Achievement system, people have been running back and farming old instances and raids.  The consequent after-effect of this is that the limit of available instances is reached much more quickly (who knew there was a limit before 3.0?).  On my server (Thunderhorn/US) this has been creeping up especially since 3.1 (Seige of Ulduar).  With 3.2 out, you simply can't enter an instance without banging your toon against the skull-portal a few times.  During peak hours, you can literally wait 30 minutes or longer.  On a couple of these particularly long waits, I've chosen to pass the time by putting in a petition.  Hoping beyond hope, that Blizzard actually tracks the number of complaints they get about certain things adds them to a "fix list".  I could quote it here, but suffice it to say I get the typical Customer Service type response that doesn't lead me to believe they plan on doing anything about it.

What I don't get is how could they not anticipate an increase in the number of active instance with the release fo the 3.2 patch?!?  I mean, with the change to the Emblem system, wouldn't Blizzard expect, even desire, more people running instances to get Emblems of Conquest??  WELFARE EPICS!!! HELLOOOO!!!  Given that, wouldn't any self-respecting company want to ensure that their consumers are happy, and, in this case, maybe expand the environment appropriately to allow a higher instance limit in anticipation of and prior to the changes?!

Fail, Blizz, fail.  And yet we suckers continue to pump our $15 bucks a month for our serving of WoW-crack.

/sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment